[Spambayes] Re: Outlook plugin - training, automatic

Seth Goodman nobody at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 3 11:15:38 EST 2003

[Dennis W. Bulgrien]
> "Moore, Paul" <Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com> wrote in message

news:16E1010E4581B049ABC51D4975CEDB88619926 at UKDCX001.uk.int.atosorigin.com..
.

What newsgroup was this in?  I can't retrieve the message from the link
(perhaps truncated?).  I'm extremely intrigued by the possibilities of
continuous training.  Maybe it works better, maybe it doesn't.  Does anyone
have any experiences in this regard?  In any case, with continuous training
comes a continuously growing database.  Mistakes in classification will stay
in the database forever, as will forms of spam that are no longer common.  I
don't *know* that this is a serious problem, but intuition says it won't
help anything.  A smaller database should also learn faster than a larger
one.

I have put some ideas up on the SpamBayes Wiki at
http://entrian.com/sbwiki/TrainingIdeas concerning automatic pruning of
database entries for use with continuous training.  I encourage you, anyone
else who shares this interest and in particular any of the developers, to
add comments to the Wiki, comment to the mailing list or comment to me
off-line.  I am willing to put work into this, write code and experiment,
but I have no desire to waste time hashing out ideas that have already been
explored before.  Thanks in advance.

--
Seth Goodman

  Humans:   personal replies to sethg [at] GoodmanAssociates [dot] com

  Spambots: disregard the above