[Spambayes] Spambayes vs. Popfile and other Bayesian classifiers

Peter Strisik lists at strisik.com
Wed Dec 3 11:45:49 EST 2003

Mark,

I went back and forth among popfile itself, outclass, and spambayes.  I use
Outlook.  I've settled on outclass (www.vargonsoft.com).  It has been more
reliable in classification for me than spambayes, I don't know why.  I also
like the "safe view" button that opens the message's source code in notepad
so you can see what it is without opening it in Outlook.

The only difficulty is that the author is currently preoccupied with
fatherhood, so development has slowed significantly.  Though, the current
alpha release is working fine for me.

.....Peter

Mark Howells <> emailed on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 7:27 am:
(at least in part).....