[Spambayes] sb_imapfilter (sort of) hangs when launched with -b argument

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Wed Dec 3 16:30:44 EST 2003

Jacob,

> When I start sb_imapfilter with the -b argument [...] launches lynx,
> which sits at "HTTP request sent; waiting for response." until it times
> out.

This is down to Python's webbrowser module.  To launch a URL from a Python
program, you say "webbrowser.open(url)".  With a graphical browser, the
browser starts up and the Python program continues.  But with a text-mode
browser, the Python program blocks until the user exits the browser.

The upshot is that you can't use -b with a text-mode browser.  Sorry!

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com