[Spambayes] shared knowledge

Atom 'Smasher' atom at suspicious.org
Wed Dec 3 17:20:09 EST 2003

> I was thinking about rolling out this product in a corporate setting.  Until
> the software "learns" it really isn't very useful.  So, I was wondering, is
> there a way to train it on one mailbox and then share that knowledge with
> other systems on the network?
==================================

if your corp privacy policy allows, i'd say copy *ALL* incoming mail
during a 24 hour period into a separate box... manually sort it, then use
it to train. then copy that DB into each user's environment, where they
can re-train it against mistakes.

apparently this type of filtering is most effective if each user decides
for them self what is and isn't spam, but you might get away with a bulk
initial training.

 	...atom

 PGP key - http://smasher.suspicious.org/pgp.txt
 3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

	"The U.S. government has become the most prolific
	 user of doublespeak, especially when it comes to
	 legislation that affects workers.
	 'right to work' = right to scab;
	 'paycheck protection' = cut unions out of politics;
	 'free trade' = give jobs to other countries."
		-- R.S. "Bo" Marlow, president,
		UAW Local 882