[Spambayes] Re: FAQ 3.8 How can I get rid of the envelope tray icon forspam?

Dennis W. Bulgrien dbulgrien at vcsd.com
Thu Dec 4 11:54:46 EST 2003

I customized the standard toolbar by adding "Mark as Read" on it.  Clicking it
is also an easy way to clear the icon (manually), no matter what folder the
unread message may have been moved to (which might not be easy to hunt down).  A
caveat is that a message must be displayed (weather already read or not), so for
those times when I don't have any messages in my In Box, I keep one always
there, a new one moved from Drafts, blank From, To, Subject, just for that
occasion.  It appears that the icon is dumb about how many new messages there
are.  It is displayed for one or more and if for more is cleared as soon as one
is read.  This is okay because if one is read that means the user is in Outlook
and should already be aware that there are other messages too.

<Phil.Jollans at MESSRING.de> wrote...

with regard to the FAQ
3.8   How can I get rid of the envelope tray icon for spam?
for Outlook.

I have found that if I select "Mark All as Read" from the context menu for
the Spam folder, then the envlope icon disappears.