[Spambayes] Upgrading from 1.0a2

Gary Benson gary at inauspicious.org
Fri Dec 5 05:13:41 EST 2003

Richie Hindle wrote:
> > I'm currently using SpamBayes 1.0a2 and I'd like to upgrade to the
> > latest and greatest, but the release notes hint at incompatible
> > changes between a2 and a3 which were documented in a3 and I can't
> > find a copy of a3.  Can someone please point me in the right
> > direction?
>
> Here's the relevant piece of WHAT_IS_NEW.txt for 1.0a3:
[snip]
> There may be other changes between a3 and a7 that you should take note
> of... you can see all the previous versions of WHAT_IS_NEW.txt at
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/spambayes/spambayes/WHAT_IS_NEW.txt
> That lists the CVS tags for each version of the file, and the
> release tags are of the form "release_1_0_a4" for the source
> releases and "Outlook-004" for the Outlook plugin releases - those
> are the versions of WHAT_IS_NEW.txt that shipped with each release
> of SpamBayes.  Any incompatible changes are listed in a "Transition"
> section near the end of the file, or in an "Incompatible changes"
> section near the start.

Thank you!  So it doesn't look like I need to do anything too drastic,
but I note that many of the changelog entries are for tokeniser
improvements.  Would I have to do a retrain to get these improvements
into my database?

Cheers,
Gary

[ gary at inauspicious.org ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]