[Spambayes] Log files

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 14:38:32 EST 2003

[Sheila Dubman]
> I use Outlook 2000 under Windows 98.
>
> Spambayes seems to be setting up log files in c:\windows\temp.  They
> are titled spambayes1.log, spambayes2.log, etc.
>
> Can I delete these when I clean out my temp folder?

Yup.  You *should* be able to delete everything in a folder named "temp"
without harm, and this is no exception.  SpamBayes writes information into
.log files to help us diagnose problems, but the .log files have no other
use -- if you don't have a problem, they're not needed.

Note that because of the way Windows is designed, Windows may not *let* you
delete a SpamBayes .log file while SpamBayes is running.  The only solution
to that is to close Outlook before trying to delete.

> Thank you for providing such a wonderful solution to the spam problem.

You're welcome.