[Spambayes] feature request

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 09:27:25 EST 2003

Seth Goodman wrote:
> Here's an interesting feature request that comes out experimenting
> with training schemes.  When you are in the unsure folder and hit
> either of the buttons "Delete As Spam" or "Recover from Spam", it
> would be great if you would re-filter the unsure folder.

I've thought about this myself, and hopefully I'll get a chance to
include it as I'm making my auto-balancing updates.  I also would like
to add a menu item to rescore the currently selected folder.  Would
anyone else find this useful?  I often rescore my Spam folder to see if
additional training has caused any of the messages to fall back below
the threshold (yes, this does happen fairly often, especially when your
training set is still small).  Going through the "Filter now" dialog box
and updating my folder selections every time gets cumbersome.

> One more note on the unsure folder is that one of the buttons is
> labeled "Recover from Spam".  Since none of the messages in the
> unsure folder have been trained as spam, the "Recover from Spam"
> button is a bit misleading. Though this is the same button that
> appears in spam folders, thus making the code simpler, in the unsure
> folder it should probably be called "Train as Good" or "Keep as Good".

Locally, I've renamed mine simply "Spam" and "Not Spam".  This also has
the nice side-effect of making the toolbar shorter.

--
Kenny Pitt