[Spambayes] SpamBayes with Eudora

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Mon Dec 8 10:55:47 EST 2003

I'm sorry if you already know this and I'm sending you "Duh!" info, but...
SpamBayes doesn't FILTER anything unless you are using outlook and the
outlook plugin. I use Eudora 5.1 and the Pop3proxy, which is now called
sbserver, which just inserts a new header into your mail that reads one of
three things:

YOU write the filters using Eudora's filter dialog to do whatever you want
with these messages. That part is not intuitvely obvious; the filter has to
be written to say
Match Incomming and Manual (manual is optional)
Header: X-Spambayes-Classification:
Contains: spam
[Ignore]
Action:
Transfer to: Trash
Ignore Rest

My filters do a little more too. Before the Action: Transfer To Trash, I
actually change its label to a category I created "spam" and play a wave file.

HTH
-T