[Spambayes] SpamBayes Outlook 2000 SR-1 won't move my spam

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:20:16 EST 2003

I see several entries in your log that begin with:

Recovering to folder 'Inbox' and ham training message

The "Recover from Spam" button in the toolbar only shows up on the
folders that you have configured for Possible Spam and Certain Spam, so
it usually isn't possible to generate these entries unless SpamBayes
thinks it is in one of these folders. You might check your Filtering
configuration in SpamBayes Manager to be sure your "Certain Spam" and
"Possible Spam" folders are set to what you think they are.

On a side note, I notice that you initially trained on 1058 good
messages, but only 37 spam messages. SpamBayes will be much more
accurate at classifying your messages (assuming we can get it to move
them at all <0.5 wink>) if the number of messages of each type is as
close to equal as possible. If you have 1000 good messages trained then
ideally you should also have 1000 spam messages.

--
Kenny Pitt

  _____