[Spambayes] install spambayes under $HOME

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Mon Dec 8 14:56:44 EST 2003

Hi Yuelin,

> I would like to install spambayes under my $HOME directory on a
> Sun workstation running Solaris 9 and Python 2.2.3.  I don't have
> root access to the default directory, /usr/local/bin.  I don't
> know much about Python.

I think you should be able to:

 o Unpack the archive into, say, ~/spambayes

 o Add ~/spambayes/scripts to your PATH

 o Add ~/spambayes to your PYTHONPATH (which is an environment variable
   just like PATH, that tells Python where to look for library modules).

I've not tried this, but it ought to work.  (On Windows I do something
analogous to run CVS SpamBayes).

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com