[Spambayes] Are you considering to ad the option of deleting the Spam mail from the servers

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Mon Dec 8 15:08:20 EST 2003

[Guy]
> If I understand how the program works, then getting the sender
> address, subject and the body of the message is enough (no attachments),

That's almost true.  Depending upon your options, you might need all the
headers, but that's no problem.  The difficulty, at least for POP3, is
that there's no way to download the body and not the attachments - all you
can do is download the first N lines of the message, which might be just
part of the body, or might be the whole body and some of an attachment, or
(worst but least common case) might be all attachment and no body.  Also,
what you've then downloaded is not a valid message, because it's cut off
partway through - that could confuse the email parser that SpamBayes uses
to separate the pieces of the message from each other.

These problems can be overcome - in 99% of cases the headers and the
first, say, 50 lines of the body would be enough for accurate
clasification.  The message could in most (all?) cases be fixed up
sufficiently for the email parser to make some sense of it (email module
experts: is it enough simply to add a newline?).

So the answer is that we don't have any immediate plans for such a thing,
but it wouldn't be very difficult to implement.  It is on my long term
to-do list, because I'd like it myself.  8-)  But my to-do list is very
long and my free time is very short.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com