[Spambayes] Deleted Junk Mail folder

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Dec 8 19:19:15 EST 2003

> I did a dumb thing, I though I was deleting a file but
> actually deleted my "Junk Mail" folder and can't undo.  I
> tried re-installing the program, no change.  Can I just
> create another Junk Mail folder or should I uninstall and re-install?

I may have missed it, but I'm not sure I've seen a reply to this yet:

You do not need to uninstall and re-install.  You *should* be able to go to
the SpamBayes dialog, then to the "Filtering" tab and reselect the folder
(it'll have "<unknown folder>" in it, most likely).  I tried this here just
now and it worked fine.

At most, if that doesn't work for some reason (I have vague recollections of
a bug about this, which may mean (since I'm running from the latest source)
that I'm using a fixed version), then you can just delete your configuration
file (named outlook.ini, or [profile name].ini) which is in your data
directory (the "Advanced" tab of the dialog will find this for you), and
this will reset your setup (but not any of your training).