[Spambayes] How low can you go?

Seth Goodman nobody at spamcop.net
Thu Dec 11 17:53:15 EST 2003

[Skip Montanaro]
> (Seth, are you really nobody at spamcop.net or is that address harvester
> fodder?  I've been deleting it from my replies because it smells vaguely
> like harvester fodder.)

nobody at spamcop.net is a dead address that the folks at SpamCop have kindly
given permission for anyone to use in a public posting when they don't want
their real address harvested.  I don't know if it null routes or is
rejected.  Look after my sig for my real address.  Apparently, Spambots can
read and are polite so my spam load has decreased lately, though it does
cause some confusion to humans.

>     Seth> - train on errors + unsures + non-obvious correct decisions
>
> What do you mean by 'non-obvious correct decisions'?

That was Rob Hooft's description of what he does (see RobsSetup on the
Wiki).  Rob described it as "train on almost anything that didn't score 0.00
or 1.00".  If I understand his description correctly, he trains on
everything that scores between 0.2 and 99.8.  I suppose a descriptive name
would be "train on almost everything" or "train on everything but perfect
classifications", but it's his method.

--
Seth Goodman

  Humans:   off-list replies to sethg [at] GoodmanAssociates [dot] com

  Spambots: disregard the above