[Spambayes] Newbie having problems...

ktegels at msn.com ktegels at msn.com
Thu Dec 11 22:11:27 EST 2003

Forgive the Python newbie questions there. I've downloaded and install
ActivePython and the spamcounts script. Running it, I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\kent.ORAC\Application
Data\SpamBayes\spamcount
s.py", line 27, in ?
    from spambayes.Options import options
ImportError: No module named spambayes.Options

Okay, I think I understand, but I'm Perl person and I'm used to having .PMs.
I'm assuming there really isn't such a thing for Python -- you just put the
right .py file in the right place and magic happens. I'm aware of .pyc, but
can't seem to find any for SpamBayes.

Anyway, fetched Options.py and Tokenizer.py to c:\python32\lib. Same error.

So, where do I go from here?

Last question, is there a published schema for the .db files so I might try
working with them with Perl instead (shabby, I know, but easier whilst I
climb the Python curve.) That is assuming its a bsddb database, right?

Thanks!
kt