[Spambayes] Newbie having problems...

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Thu Dec 11 22:54:45 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:11:27 -0600, <ktegels at msn.com> wrote:

> Forgive the Python newbie questions there. I've downloaded and install

Ok, I think you must not have correctly installed Spambayes.  The readme
includes installation instructions.  You cannot simply download particular
pieces of spambayes from cvs, or run the scripts without installing them.
They're all interdependent.

As for the db, it is bsddb3 by default.  There is no published schema.
However, if there were, I don't think it would help you access the
database from perl, as the information in the database is stored in a
Python specific construction known as a "Pickle."  I'm not aware of any
picklers for perl...

On the plus side, if you can do perl, then python will be a very quick
study for you...

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone