[Spambayes] Dictionary Analysis Tool

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Dec 12 14:42:38 EST 2003

    >> spamcounts.py -r '.*'

    Seth> Ooo, I like that.  Since I am running the Outlook plug-in, what do
    Seth> I have to do to be able to use this?  Won't there be a conflict if
    Seth> I bring in the source modules from CVS and run the install
    Seth> scripts?

Dunno.  That's a question for a Windows SB developer.  I would think you
could simply run from source.  I think Kenny posted how to --register with
COM if you're running from source.

    Seth> Also, which CVS version should we work with, considering we are
    Seth> not developers but would want to contribute working stuff to you?

Just set up for cvs access and always use the trunk.  While it might be
slightly less stable than the latest release, I'm sure there are several
people who actually rely on it to filter their mail (I do), so there aren't
likely to be too many end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it bugs lurking there.

    Seth> Some of the newer CVS forks have a lot of neat stuff implemented
    Seth> and without them, we might wind up re-inventing the wheel.  Wow, a
    Seth> wheel, what a great idea!  Think I'll write it up.

Use the trunk, Luke.

    Seth> A related question is where is the database of message ID's that
    Seth> are already trained?  I know the system knows this as it won't
    Seth> train on the same copy of a message twice.

Sounds Outlook-specific to me.

Skip