[Spambayes] SpamBayes Corrupted My Profile

My Tech jtech at hyperionmail.com
Sun Dec 14 22:09:07 EST 2003

After installing SpamBayes, Outlook could only be opened in Safe Mode.
(That is to say that when clicking on the Outlook desktop icon, a dialogue
box popped up before the application would open, informing me that Outlook
had encountered an error and needed to shut down.  The checkbox to "Restart
Outlook" was already checked and I clicked on the "Don't Send [Error Report
to Microsoft]" button.  Then, a new dialogue box popped up saying that
Outlook failed to start correctly and asked me if I wanted to start in Safe
Mode, "Yes" or "No."  If I select "No", then the first dialogue box
re-appears telling me about Outlook encountering an error and wanting to
restart.  If I select "Yes", only then will Outlook open.)

I've come to find out that installing SpamBayes has corrupted by Windows
Administrator profile and that is why Outlook will not open.  PLEASE HELP
ASAP!!!  I do not want to have to reinstall my OS (and all of my software)
because of this.

FYI:  My Windows OS:  2000 Professional, 5.00.2195, Service Pack 4
        SpamBayes installer used:  SpamBayes-Outlook-Setup-0081.exe
        Outlook version:  2002, part of Office XP Small Business Edition

If there is a way to fix this, please tell me.  Also, please send detailed
instructions for installing SpamBayes, as it appears that I did not do it
correctly (even though I followed the instructions per the SpamBayes
website.)

Thank you.