[Spambayes] Enhancement Suggestion

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Mon Dec 15 11:45:28 EST 2003

[Derek Price]
> I previously used Outclass [1], but I switched to your
> program since Outclass was erractic with Outlook 2003.  The
> only feature I miss is the "Safe View" function.  This would
> essentially launch the highlighed email into notepad for safe
> review for junk status.  Have you considered this functionality?

Oulook 2003 already does this by default: all messages are shown without
performing any internet transmissions (downloading of images, form
postings, Java-scripts, etc.).

Simply showing HTML formatted text is not terribly dangerous, or else
you wouldn't browse the web. (Unless, of course, there's a local
buffer-overrun vulnerability in your HTML parser. But even IE/Outlook
hasn't had one of those crop up yet, to my knowledge.)

Regards,
	Ryan