[Spambayes] More "spam of the future" lately?

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Tue Dec 16 11:45:52 EST 2003

I've been getting a lot more "spam of the future" these last few days.
Paul Graham predicted that improved filters would eventually force
spammers into such tactics, near the bottom of his seminal article:
http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html.

The messages consist of basically nonsensical English sentences with a
link. The problem is, all of these seem to be slipping by my trained
SpamBayes, scoring 10% or less. Even domains and URLs change in every
message, so SpamBayes hasn't really been able to pin them down yet,
despite my training on each one.

Is anyone else having problems with these types of spams recently? Has
some prolific spammer changed tactics? Most of the one's I've seen seem
to originate from Australia or Asia.

Regards,
	Ryan