[Spambayes] RE: Spambayes Digest, Vol 64, Issue 68

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Tue Dec 16 12:29:26 EST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:20:55 +0200, Akiva Atwood <akiva at atwood.co.il>
wrote:

>> Is anyone else having problems with these types of spams recently? Has
>> some prolific spammer changed tactics? Most of the one's I've seen seem
>> to originate from Australia or Asia.
>
> I've been getting a lot of them. I thought there was a problem with MY
> filter, and reinstalled it.

This might be well dealt with by changing the unknown word probability to
indicate a stronger spamminess.  By default, it's .5, iirc.  Perhaps we
should do some experiments with pushing it to .6 or .7.  My corpus has
virtually none of these spams, so I can't say what would happen, and I
imagine that our test corpus has relatively few of them as well.  Comments
anyone?

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone