[Spambayes] Is this a sign of future problems ?

Chuck Lewis clewis at iquest.net
Tue Dec 16 13:45:09 EST 2003

Hi folks,

Got this from a friend that runs another mailing list:

Interesting trend ... Garbage spam

I've noticed an interesting trend recently ... a lot of the 'spam' I'm

receiving lately is totally garbage.  No content whatsoever ... not even

hidden in HTML.

Here's an example ...

> Subject: Re: AMUKZGO, was beyond even

> From: "Oliver" <tdjrryefyyy at canada.com>

> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:44:46 +0600

> To: midrange-jobs at midrange.com, midrange-l-admin at midrange.com,

> midrange-l-owner at midrange.com, midrange-l-request at midrange.com,

> midrange-l-sub at midrange.com, midrange-l-unsub at midrange.com

> papaw bedimmed prophetic cocky

> farfetched conceive auction ergodic robbin lullaby omaha

> manslaughter pea celanese florentine assure depressible bowl cannel ewe
gertrude

The only reason I can think of is that the spammers are trying to poison

the Baysian statistics that are being gathered, so more of the

legitimate spam will be let through.

David

So is he on to something here ? This sounds plausible from my admittedly
limited understanding of these tools.

Thought/Comments ?

Chuck