[Spambayes] request

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 16 15:18:04 EST 2003

Hi,

> I heard alot of good reviews by I don't use Outllook - how about a
> version for Netscape mail? Can it work on archived mail (flat text
> files)?

This is an easy one! Yes and Yes ........

Seriously
 > how about a version for Netscape mail?
Yes you can use sb_server.py with the web interface to train.
Netscape is able to do almost anything you want with your mail. Create a
filter to check for a  special header
and move your spam to a spam folder.

 > Can it work on archived mail (flat text files)?
Yes you can use sb_filter to add a header to say if the mail is spam or ham
then use sb_splitndir.py to split the file so that one file equal 1 mail
then you can delete all files containing
X-Spambayes-I_dont_remenber_the_name:: spam
and reassemble the file
cat * > ../reassembled.mbox

This should work and It might exist an easiest solution but It is the
first one I came with,

Remi