[Spambayes] Is this a sign of future problems ?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 11:42:50 EST 2003

[Tim Peters]
>> It doesn't matter one whit to me, e.g., whether "bedimmed" gets
>> treated as hammy or spammy in my database, because I'll never see it
>> in real life.

[Toby Dickenson]
> Maybe thats what they are counting on.....
>
> This message is not obvious spam, so there is a fair chance that it
> will get into some users ham training set. It certainly would for me,
> with a train-on-everything regime. That spammer could then insert
> those same words into a subsequent spam, with a slightly better chance
> of it getting through.

Sorry, I don't follow this, unless you're presuming a TOE regime so careless
that the user doesn't even correct classification mistakes.  If a user
trains on spam messages as ham, then, sure, all sorts of horrid results can
follow.  If I get a message like (this is easy, cuz I just got one exactly
like this <wink>):

    cake paleozoic immortal couscous devon advocacy
    agriculture arbitrage couple census deceive psi dana
    cremate ceremony physiotherapist haunch commissary transpacific frigid
    bryophyta

    Free CableTV!No more pay!&

    stegosaurus bowfin egret throughout damsel wilful cometary dreamt
    minsk throughput chastity [... on & on & on ...]

and train on it as ham, there's something wrong with *me*.