[Spambayes] RE: Outlook Addin hang fix

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Thu Dec 18 08:36:46 EST 2003

My experience has been that the Explorer hangs on closing more often than Outlook does (with or without the addin). Is that irrelevant to this proposal?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Welker [mailto:glennw at mrhtech.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 8:18 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] Outlook Addin hang fix

I have noticed that since the Addin has been installed it causes Outlook to hang occasionally when closing.  This is most often caused by a general lack of events from Outlook.  Most developers have resorted to capturing the close event of the explorer rather than the application.  This event is much more predictable.

If you need any help I am more than happy to look at the code. It appears as thought the Outlook addin is binary only so I was unable to look if the above scenario is true.

Cheers. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
Glenn Welker
Director of Product Development