[Spambayes] Performance black hole

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Dec 18 16:25:02 EST 2003

Hi Jon,

> If you know of any reason, off the tops of your heads, why
> this might be happening, let me know; otherwise, nice system
> but I can't afford the overhead.

I'm afraid I don't know what could be causing that.  What I will say is
that it's not normal - SpamBayes shouldn't have much of an impact on your
system performance at all.  It's small and light, especially when all it's
doing is serving up its web interface.  When training or classifying a
large number of messages, and you're on a fast network so bandwidth isn't
the limiting factor, then it might soak your processor a bit, but I've
never seen it significantly impact the OS or other processes, whatever
it's doing.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com