[Spambayes] Changing the icons in the Outlook Add-In

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Dec 18 20:50:51 EST 2003

[Bob Coe]
> If you make the3 change within Outlook, and then later reinstall
> Spambayes, I'm pretty sure the icons will revert.

I can confirm that -- they do.  Well, just unregistering then registering
the addin is enough to make them revert, but I tried that under an OL2K SP-3
IMO configuration, on an American Win98SE, and God knows it's not safe to
generalize about Outlook behavior <0.6 wink>.

> I'd be inclined to edit the images as they're stored in the Spambayes
> directory instead.

Well, this is a person who's bothered by a "mean grouchy unhappy face
staring at her all the time", after someone else ran the installer for her.
I'm betting she can replace the image with a comes-with-Outlook happy red
heart icon a hundred times over before she'll master a bitmap editor.