[Spambayes] Training Question

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Sat Dec 20 20:11:58 EST 2003

That can of worms has been beaten to death repeatedely here.  Bottom line
is: the jury's still out.  How's that for a metaphor mixed 4 ways? <wink>

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:03:01 +0100, Dreas van Donselaar
<dreas at emailaccount.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You probably get the best filtering when you only train on mistakes

It is clear that this is not always the case.  Simple training regimens
such as mistake or unsure based training work about equally well as random
sampling and training on all mail.

We're currently looking at some more advanced descriptions of training
regimens.  None of these are anything but techniques at this point.
Perhaps sometime we'll automate the most promising one(s).

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone