[Spambayes] SpamBayes and PGP

Jim Cowing Jim at drgsf.com
Mon Dec 22 20:05:16 EST 2003

Hello SpamBayes List:

I use SpamBayes 7.0.   Have not yet upgraded to ver 8.01.
Also using Outllook 2002, SP2 and PGP version 6.5.3.
I'm having a problem using PGP in conjunction with Spam
Bayes.   Normally, my Spambayes program always filters all
and rates each mail message, and moves bad messages to
either Suspected SPAM or SPAM.

However, when I receive email a message that is PGP encrypted,
it appears that the SpamBayes program just stops filtering from
that point, and no longer spam filters other messages that follow this
one.   After mail delivery stops, I can subsequently go in and manually
filter, but this is inefficient for me given
so much spam (500+ messages this weekend alone).   Is there
any type of configuration changes that I could make to repair
this problem so that SpamBayes may continue to filter messages
even after a single PGP message is received.

Cheers,
Jim
Jim Cowing, CISSP
email:  jim at drgsf.com