[Spambayes] offer of assistance

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Sun Dec 28 13:10:01 EST 2003

Hi Pete,

> I am offering assistance with your project.

Fantastic!  We have a page on the wiki about how people can contribute to
the project: http://www.entrian.com/sbwiki/HowToContribute

That page is a bit terse, so don't hesitate to ask for more detail.  You
might be better off asking on the developers' mailing list
(spambayes-dev at python.org) rather than here on spambayes at python.org.

> Note: I have a copy of Vis. Studio 2003 I had
> planned to sell, but I can donate if you would find it to be useful.

Funnily enough, we've been discussing donations recently, and whether
there's a fair means of distributing donations to individual developers.
We've not really come to a conclusion yet, except to agree that it's
difficult.  Currently, all donations are going to the Python Software
Foundation (http://www.python.org/psf/) - they might well find your copy
of Visual Studio 2003 very useful, but you'd have to ask them.  Of course
that means you're not donating directly to the SpamBayes project or its
developers, which is one reason we're talking about how we can enable
people to do that.  The problem with donations of software is that it
would have to go to one single developer - we're spread across the world,
and don't all work for the same organisation.  There are plenty of
SpamBayes developers who would be grateful for your donation, but until we
decide on a fair system for distributing such things, we'll have to
decline.  Many thanks for the offer though!

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com