[Spambayes] Manually filter local mbx?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Dec 28 19:50:41 EST 2003

> I would prefer to do the following, but I'm not sure what spambayes
> commands to use.
[...]
> 3.  Manually start spambayes to filter in.mbx moving spam to
> spam.mbx,
> unsure to unsure.mbx, and leave ham in in.mbx (or perhaps
> transfer to ham.mbx).
[...]
>  From a DOS window, what is the appropriate command line to do step 3?

Are Eudora's mbx files mbox files?  (I think they are, but am not sure).  If
so, then you should be able to cobble something together from the
unix-orientated scripts in the spambayes distribution.  This won't split
mail out into different files, but will add a X-SpamBayes-Classification
header to messages.  You can then setup Eudora to run a rule (before any
others) that does the separation.

Examine the docstrings for the various scripts in the scripts directory and
the right one should present itself.