[Spambayes] offer of assistance

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Dec 29 19:00:56 EST 2003

> I will set aside a minimum of 30 minutes per day to work with the bug
> reports.

Hi Pete - I see these are already coming in!

One other thing that would be *very* useful would be to familiarize yourself
with the various documentation, and help fix it!

Eg, the Outlook docs are currently in raw HTML.  The website itself is
maintained in CVS, and uses black magic to generate the HTML.  All of these
could do with a fresh eye.  You are free to "think big" here :)  If
maintaining the Outlook docs are a PITA, then I would be happy to convert
them to use the same set of tools as the website.

Another very cool thing would be to drop the Outlook addin, and try and make
things work using the "sb_server" set of tools, and fix/create docs as you
go.  The docs here are *very* sparse.  If you are lucky, you may find
starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/spambayes has a version that will work for
you (and also demonstrates the lack of docs I am referring to)

> Re: The Visual studio offer - I thought perhaps it would be of use in
> working with the M$ Outlook interface, but what you say makes
> perfect sense.

We do all of that directly from Python.

> Thanks for letting me help!

Thanks for offering!