[Spambayes] IMAP filter failure (imaplib.error: UID command error: BAD ['Bogus sequence in UID FETCH'])

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Dec 29 20:00:30 EST 2003

> When I run:
>
> python sb_imapfilter.py -c -t -l 1 -v -i 1
>
> I get:
>
> Classifying
> *****  17:15.20 NO response: APPEND failed: Unknown flag:
> $Forwarded
[...]
> imaplib.error: UID command error: BAD ['Bogus sequence in UID FETCH']

I suspect that this is either imapfilter choking on the $Forwarded flag and
getting the UID for the message wrong, or something odd happening when the
$Forwarded flag is resaved on the server.

> Before I start running this thru a
> tunnel to try and see what's going on (I have no python
> experience and
> only a smattering of imap knowledge), anyone have any suggestions?

Running with "-i4" might give more clues (this is debug level 4 for the
imaplib, which I find the more useful - it prints out each submission and
response from the imap server).

"-i4" should give the exact IMAP command that imapfilter is trying to use
when it dies - if I could see that, it would answer the above question.  I
suspect I'll need to fix something in the code, though :)