[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] Full re-initialization

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Dec 29 21:13:44 EST 2003

> Hello SpamBayes Tech support,

Please note that any email asking for help with spambayes should go to the
spambayes at python.org mailing list.  This list is for discussion of SpamBayes
development, only.

> Thank you for developing this useful software.

You're welcome.

> One day, as I was cleaning up the M/S Outlook folders, I
> accidentally deleted the spam email folder.  Now, SpamBayes
> does not seem to work anymore.  It said it couldn't send spam
> emails to that folder, even though I had manually re-created
> the spam email folder.

Even though the new folder may have had the same name, Outlook (and
therefore SpamBayes) can tell that it's different.  You need to go into the
SpamBayes Manager, to the Filtering Tab, click "Browse" by the spam folder
selection (it probably says "<unknown folder>" at the moment), and select
the new folder that you made.

> I even attempted to remove and
> re-install SpamBayes without any improvement.  Please let me
> know what one does to have the program re-initialize itself
> as if it was a new installation.

You need to delete all the configuration (etc) files in the SpamBayes data
directory.  The FAQ explains how to find this.