[Spambayes] Outlook plugin

Keith Haarhoff keith at lark-rise.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 02:52:48 EST 2003

I have installed V 0081 of your programme on Windows XP Pro with Outlook XP
Pro, which was apparently successful.  I have read all the supplied
documentation, and cannot see any clues to this problem.

1)         When configuring it, it does not "see" my Sent items folder in
Personal Folders, though it can see the corresponding folder in Archive.
Can you explain this?

2)         I then set up a separate Spam folder in Personal Folders, ie

*	Personal Folders

*	Inbox (no subfolders, 91 manually selected items)
*	Sent (with many subfolders, since this is where I classify my
received and sent mail, so 1000s of items)
*	Spam

*	Certain (129 manually selected items)
*	Possible

I have set the program up to filter Inbox, and move detected items to
Certain and Possible, having trained it on Inbox (ham) and Certain (spam).
Is this the best way of doing it?  If we find an answer to Q1, would I be
better to use some part of Sent as the "ham" file?

I look fo4rqward to using your program in practice, since spam has become a
major problem for me.  Regards, K

Dr Keith Haarhoff, Lark Rise Associates, 24 Queen Edith's Way, Cambridge CB1
7PN
Tel/Fax: +44 1223 503839; Mobile: 0780 236 2231; Email:
keith at lark-rise.co.uk
Website: www.lark-rise.u-net.com