[Spambayes] Two computers

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Tue Dec 30 04:20:48 EST 2003

[Diana Angelis]
> If I install SpamBayes on two computers (home and office) and
> use Outlook on both computers to look at mail stored on a
> server, how can I sync the two SpamBayes so they "learn" the
> same things?

I use this batch file to sync DBs between my machines. The batch file
copies the latest DB, then launches outlook, then copies them back when
I'm done. You must have access to the admin share on each machine for
this to work. Replace "remotemachine","username", and "office11" with
values appropriate to your environment.

This works for me because I must connect to my corporate network via VPN
to retrieve mail remotely, so I also have file-sharing access to my work
machine as well. If you just use pop3 or something, this will not work,
unless you change the script to store your DB on an FTP server or
something.

Note that you may have to "unwrap" some of the XCOPY commands. They
should all be single line commands.

-----Begin batch file-----

XCOPY "\\remotemachine\c$\Documents and Settings\username
   \Application Data\SpamBayes\*.db" "c:\Documents and Settings
   \username\Application Data\SpamBayes\*.db" /D /Y
XCOPY "c:\Documents and Settings\username
    \Application Data\SpamBayes\*.db" "\\remotemachine\c$\Documents and
Settings
    \username\Application Data\SpamBayes\*.db" /D /Y
START /WAIT "c:\program files\microsoft office\OFFICE11\outlook.exe"