[Spambayes] Re: Outlook: Setting background filtering - skips first

Dennis W. Bulgrien dbulgrien at vcsd.com
Tue Dec 30 09:03:17 EST 2003

I start Outlook, get several spam, and Spambays starts background filtering
them.  The first (or one near the top, not absolutely sure) is displayed in the
preview pane, gets marked as read (not bold), and the selection bar is on it.
Spambayes filters the spams below it.  When done, that email remains unfiltered
though it definitely should be:  e.g. Spam Score: 100% (0.999999).  This has
been happening every morning as far as I can remember since I turned on
background filtering with defaults.

"Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message
news:000801c3bd6a$0a90f140$2c00a8c0 at eden...

...I would appreciate it if existing users of the Outlook addin
could perform the following steps:
* Open the "SpamBayes Manager" via the toolbar.
* Select the "Advanced" tab.
* Select the "Enable Background Filtering" option.
* Set the "Processing Start Delay" to 2 seconds.
* Set the "Delay Between Processing Items" to 1 second.
* Click OK.

This will then configure SpamBayes as new users would see it.

Please then wait a few days and see how things go...  If you see any problems,
or believe these default
values are not appropriate, then please CC your reply to the list.