[Spambayes] Exceptionally well-done identity-theft spam

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 10:53:04 EST 2003

[Phil Pierotti]
> Although, when(if) you look closely, the message-ID givs it away :-)

I'm not sure about that one.  The spam was originally sent to
events at python.org (I happen to be one of the people that resolves to,
indirectly), and python.org is kindly hosted by XS4ALL (yup, in the
Netherlands).  I don't know how this specific address gets resolved, but
*some* of the python.org email setups inject a message ID of their own if
the incoming email doesn't have one.  XS4ALL definitely isn't friendly to
spammers.