[Spambayes] Exceptionally well-done identity-theft spam

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 30 16:56:51 EST 2003

[Tony]
> It's the "www.paypal.comekjhaskjqpwopwo@" that it doesn't like.
> Either urllib2 doesn't like passing a username with http, or
> you're supposed to extract it from the url and pass it some other
> way; I don't know enough about urllib2 to know which is correct.

[Skip]
> Nor do I.  urllib.urlopen likes it just fine though.

Why is it that there is both urllib and urllib2?  I've always tended to use
urllib2 because it seemed to have better proxy support, but should I use (in
the experimental url 'slurping', for example) urllib instead?  (Since it
does this better, for example).

I suppose I really should be asking this on c.l.p, but someone here must
know ;)