[Spambayes] Spambayes Software and SPAM folder

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Tue Dec 30 17:02:18 EST 2003

> Please advise. Can I empty my SPAM folder - or not?

As I understand it, you can, but you shouldn't. Old spam is kept around in
case something happens to spammie and you have to retrain it.

As for managing the spam folder, one useful and important thing you can do
is set up Outlook to use a separate .pst file for that folder. In fact,
that's a good thing to do with any Outlook folder that gets a lot of mail
according to "Outlook 2000 In A Nutshell" from O'Reilly. If a .pst file gets
corrupted (it's happened to me!), you don't lose everything if it's spread
over several .pst files.

HTH,

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA