[Spambayes] Outlook plugin

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 30 17:07:50 EST 2003

> When configuring it, it does not "see" my Sent items folder
> in Personal Folders, though it can see the corresponding folder
> in Archive.  Can you explain this?

There is a rough consensus that it's not appropriate to train on mail you
have sent yourself (because you don't filter mail that you receive yourself,
and so you would end up generating invalid clues).  This is deliberate.  If
you move the messages into some other archive folder, then SpamBayes can't
figure out that's what you've done, so will let you use that folder.
However, any messages that SpamBayes 'thinks' haven't been received by you
(i.e. all sent mail) will not be filterable.

> I have set the program up to filter Inbox, and move detected
> items to Certain and Possible, having trained it on Inbox (ham)
> and Certain (spam).  Is this the best way of doing it?

Yes.