[Spambayes] Should Spambayes filter automatically?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 31 17:20:24 EST 2003

> When I installed spambayes last week (I
> only had it running for a day, then had to
> replace HD) I thought that it ran automatically.
> When I reinstalled, I need to run it manually.

It looks like you're using the Outlook plug-in; if that's not the case, then
ask again, because this will be irrelevant.

If you mean that the plug-in can automatically filter all incoming mail,
that's correct.  You probably don't have it configured to do so.  Try going
through the settings (the "Filtering" tab is the one you are after) and
checking that you have in fact set it to filter.  Check the box in the
"General" tab to see if there are any status messages.

If this doesn't work, then please go through the steps in the
troubleshooting guide, and if you need to send another email, please include
the required information for us to be able to help (version of Windows,
Outlook, the plugin, log files).