[Spambayes] RE: Outlook plugin

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 31 17:38:50 EST 2003

> I think you've gotten too cute for your clientele. Spambayes
> setup is already confusing enough without the arbitrary
> enforcement of the developers' undocumented notions of best
> practice.

This sort of thing doesn't help.  Remember that this is alpha, open-source,
software - if the setup is confusing, then what would help is users
explaining what would make it clearer (or submitting a patch).

It's also extremely difficult to explain in documentation aimed at users all
the "developers' ... notions of best practice" - the statistics stuff at the
heart of SpamBayes is pretty much nothing but notions (Tim's, mostly) of
best practice.

> If you think training on the "sent" folder is a bad
> idea, say so in the installation instructions; but don't
> incorporate another unexpected restriction.

I've added a request for this:
[ 868648 ] Document restriction against training on Sent Items folder
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=868648&group_id=61
702&atid=498106>

Mark will decide at some point :)