[Spambayes] Alpha2 Pre-release

Francois Granger francois.granger at free.fr
Sat Feb 1 15:16:06 EST 2003

At 14:39 -0600 31/01/2003, in message Re: [Spambayes] Alpha2
Pre-release, Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions wrote:
>1/30/2003 2:33:22 PM, Richie Hindle <richie at entrian.com> wrote:
>

>>I've built an alpha2 source release of Spambayes.  Before we put it up on
>>the main web site, I'd feel a lot better if someone could smoke-test it for
>>me - I may have made some horrible mistake that I'm too close to see...
>>
>>I've put it here:
>>
>>   http://entrian.com/spambayes/spambayes-1.0a2-pre.zip
>>   http://entrian.com/spambayes/spambayes-1.0a2-pre.tar.gz
>>
>>For POP3 proxy users, this release should be GUI out of the box - install
>>it, run pop3proxy.py, point your browser at the URL, go to the Config page
>>and enter your POP3 server details, change your email client to point at
>>the proxy, and you're away - messages are classfied and you can train
>>through the web.

It woks as you describe it. I started a new database with it in a snap.

>  >For hammie users there's Neale's new muttrc and spambayes.el, and Skip's
>  >proxytee lets hammie users train through the web interface.  Tim Stone's
>>import/export script should make upgrading easy, for now and in the future.
>
>The operative word there is 'should'.  Please back your database up before
>migrating it, until we know for sure there aren't bugs in the script.  - TimS

I have a first diff for you...

93c93,100
< import storage
---

>  try:
>      True, False
>  except NameError:
>      # Maintain compatibility with Python 2.2
>      True, False = 1, 0
>
>  from spambayes import storage

I am afraid it is not the only one.
Currently running it as -e on my previous setup gives me a file with
only the first line "nham, nspam". So it recognise the database,
reads for it the values of these variables but don't read the records.

I am trying to trace this.
--
Recently using MacOSX.......