[Spambayes] Alpha2 Pre-release

Eric Robibaro robibaro at robibaro.com
Tue Feb 11 14:46:50 EST 2003

I'm having a few problems installing that version under python2.2 and 2.3
on a mostly stock debian unstable i386 platform

here is the command and the error message
python2.3 setup.py install
error in spambayes setup command: invalid distribution option 'classifiers'
I presume I should back up a version and try alpha 1? or do I need to try
cvs ? or am I having a problem with the python install ?
I've got practically nothing else running on python at the moment, I
upgraded specifically because spambayes and mimelib et distutils were
incorporated in 2.3, was that a bad choice? or do I just need to try a
source python install

Any insight would be appreciated