[Spambayes] It gets funnier all the time....

Rob W.W. Hooft rob at hooft.net
Wed Feb 12 12:10:10 EST 2003

Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On Wednesday, Feb 12, 2003, at 08:23 Europe/London, Rob W.W. Hooft wrote:
>
>> the encoding of the body.... Is there mailer software out there that
>> automatically interprets this as base64 without explicit instruction
>> to do that?
>

> Yes, of course. I'll give you one guess as to which mailer.

Aw. I don't need more than one. But that means that if we wan't to be
able to use the clues in spambayes, we either have to make a token
base64-encoding-missing or we have to decode it to get the clues from
the body. I was lucky enough not to see any body parts in this case
because Mozilla is smart enough not to decode it.... If this stays a
loophole, more and more spammers might start using it.

Rob

--
Rob W.W. Hooft  ||  rob at hooft.net  ||  http://www.hooft.net/people/rob/