[Spambayes] It gets funnier all the time....

Wed Feb 12 22:13:01 EST 2003

2/12/2003 9:26:39 PM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>    >> The performance penalty should be reasonable.  One split() and length
>    >> check for each part in the common case.  The try-to-fix function is
>    >> only called if it's long enough, which should be rare.
>
>    Tim> I'd hate to see the code bloat with gimmicks that don't prove
>    Tim> themselves via testing
>
>I haven't checked anything in.  People asked about decoding stuff that was
>encoded but didn't have a Content-Transfer-Encoding header.  I suggested the
>diff I posted.  That's as far as it's gone at this point.

Apparently our test corpora didn't include any mail with this problem.  Maybe
it was an anti-selection thing, or maybe spam is evolving.  I don't think
anyone has proposed checking this in yet, let's see if it becomes a problem.
If it does, we'll have the solution.  - TimS

>Skip

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org