[Spambayes] Spammie on Outlook 2000 - questions

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Thu Feb 13 10:57:45 EST 2003

<snip>
> > I found one message in Spam Maybe that ended up being good. I
> > did "Spam Recover" and got a rule error from OL about unable to
> > move message to (as it happens) python-list. Closed message box
> > and hit Spam recover again - no errors and message was moved
> > to inbox.
>
> Odd.  I've tried to reproduce that error and can't.  Even if I
> delete the original folder it finds it's way back to the inbox
> without an error.  Make sure you let the list know if this is a
> regular occurance.

Consider this notice: frequent rule errors upon mail fetch. These are of the
form "couldn't move message to <folder>" and there are a couple of folders
involved. I am also getting _many_ python-list messages (31 just now) into
Spam Maybe and some (17) just stayed in the inbox - generally most
python-list messages go to the python-list folder.

Looking over my Spam corpus (copied from deleted messages folder), I noticed
that there are a lot of otherwise legit messages that just got deleted. I've
removed those and retrained, building the database from scratch. We'll see
if that makes any difference.

Currently, I am getting few spam and many spam maybe - is this
characteristic of a young spammie?

<snip>
> =Tony Meyer

Dave LeBlanc