[Spambayes] pop3proxy: what are (none) messages?

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Thu Feb 13 13:31:22 EST 2003

In message:  <ji2o4v8e2nopr972j6v58cl39ve6s4ojl0 at 4ax.com>
             Richie Hindle <richie at entrian.com> writes:

>That means that either there's no Subject/To/etc header, or the email was
>broken in some way so the software couldn't find the relevant header.

One thing that I noticed recently going through mboxutils.py is that
if a message fails to parse for some reason, spambayes then strips off
_ALL_ headers and tries again.  This could obviously be quite damaging...

One mail that I had such troubles with was a MIME-encoded message built
with mime-construct, without any body text before the first MIME section
(the text that usually says "This is a mime-encoded message.  If you're
reading this, please upgrade to a vulnerable mailreader that we can
subvert."... or something along those lines).  Unfortunately, I no
longer have a pristine copy of that mail... spambayes chomped it.  If
it's still an open question when I finish with my graph stuff, then
I may try to regenerate similarly confusing messages...

- Alex