[Spambayes] pop3proxy: what are (none) messages?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Feb 13 21:39:16 EST 2003

[Alex]
> One thing that I noticed recently going through mboxutils.py is that
> if a message fails to parse for some reason, spambayes then strips off
> _ALL_ headers and tries again.  This could obviously be quite damaging...

That's very bad if it can ever happen to 'live' email.  The POP3 proxy will
never do this - when modifying messages it uses a deliberately naive
'parser' (which is "so simple that it obviously has no flaws") that will
either work perfectly or fail cleanly (notwithstanding protocol errors,
with apologies to François 8-).  This business of failing to parse headers
only affects the way messages are displayed on the Review page.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com